Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Bit of Aqua

 
Learning to dress the way I would like to dress is actually rather fun.   I've been a SAHM for most of my adult life, before that I was in the Air Force which I spent in uniforms.  I never really put too much thought into my clothes, aside from my Magnolia Pearl phase I've grown out of.
 
So, here I am entering a new phase of my life. Even though my children are grown I spend my days chasing after my 15 month old grandbaby as well as a flock (10 to be exact) of chickens in our backyard.  It can be a bit of a challenge finding nice outfits that are baby/chicken proof.  Not to mention I'm a pro at spilling things on myself if I'm wearing something nice. I found this pretty blouse at Penney's and fell in love with the color!  I'm telling ya' if you went through my closet a month ago you would have found mostly white skirts and a lot of lace.  Adding color is a fashion challenge for me along with finding a palette that suits my skin and hair. I'm discovering I like to keep things simple, and not have too much in the way of pattern.  Maybe the occasional stripes or a  floral.
 
 
Top half
 
 
 
and here is the bottom, at least what I could get of it!
 
 Speaking of hair... 
 
Most of the time, at least in this humidity I wear my hair up. It is really coming in gray now, actually white.  I'm cool with that.   I was thinking of getting it cut short,  but I think I'll hang on to it a bit longer. Maybe I'll try bangs and have a good trim!
 
 
 
 
 
Pretty new nail polish for fingers and toes.
 
 
 
I'm not wearing this necklace in the photo, but I did just order it ~ it's my birthday month after all! Not exactly something to wear around the baby since he is in the grab everything phase.  But on  weekend, yes.
 
 
 
By the way, I've had lots of wonderful comments.  Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.  A couple said I reminded them of Helen Mirren!!  Wow!  Thank you, I think she is just lovely, so to be compared to her made my day.
 
Blouse and shorts ~ JC Penney
Necklace ~ Betsey Johnson Macy's
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Laurie,

    very nice (pastell ;) blouse. This color you can ware with so many other things.

    I agree with you and your opinion of clothing. I wear only outfits that are portable and suitable for my own personal daily routine. I can not wear beautiful expencive dresses and then go out and wash my car or go shopping vegetables. If you need to take care of the baby and the chickens, the perfect outfit must be found. Good idea NOT to wear the beautiful necklace and the baby at the same time ;)

    Have a good time
    Dana :)

    ReplyDelete